E-mail : email@example.com
Tel & Fax :
Guangmin Zhou is an Associate Professor at Tsinghua-Berkeley Shenzhen Institute (TBSI), Tsinghua University, China. He received his Ph.D degree from Institute of Metal Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2014 under the supervision of Prof. Hui-Ming Cheng & Prof. Feng Li, and then worked as a postdoc in UT Austin with Prof. Arumugam Manthiram from 2014-2015. After that, he was a postdoc fellow in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at Stanford University with Prof. Yi Cui from 2015-2019. His research mainly focuses on energy-storage materials and devices. He has published over 90 papers, and first-authored 33 papers published inNature Nanotechnology (2), Chemical Reviews (1), Nature Communications (3), PNAS(2), Advanced Materials (4), etc.His publications have been cited more than 18000times with an H-index of 54 (Google Scholar).
Design of high energy rechargeable batteries
Design and assembly of all solid state lithium batteries
3D printing techniques for electrode materials and devices
Development of flexible energy-storage materials and devices
In situcharacterization techniques for electrode reaction and failure mechanism
Ph. D. in Material Science, Institute of Metal Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2008-2014, Thesis advisor: Prof. Hui-Ming Cheng & Prof. Feng Li
B.S. in Material Forming and Control Engineering, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, 2004-2008
2015-2019, Postdoctoral Fellow, Stanford University, USA, Advisor: Prof. Yi Cui
2014-2015, Postdoctoral Fellow, The University of Texas at Austin, USA, Advisor: Prof. Arumugam Manthiram
Google scholar link:
1. Zhou, G. M.;Paek, E.; Hwang, G. S.; Manthiram, A.*, Long-life Li/polysulphidebatteries with high sulphur loading enabled by lightweight three-dimensional nitrogen/sulphur codoped graphene sponge.Nature Communications,2015, 6, 7760.
2. Zhou, G. M.#;Xu, L.#; Hu, G; Mai, L.*; Cui, Y.*, Nanowires for ElectrochemicalEnergy Storage,Chemical Reviews,2019,119, 11042-11109.
3. Zhao, J.#;Zhou, G. M.#;(#Equally Contributed), Yan, K.; Xie, J.; Li, Y.; Liao, L.; Jin, Y.; Liu, K.; Hsu, P.; Wang, J.; Cheng, H.-M.;Cui, Y.*; Air-stable and freestanding lithium alloy/graphene foil as an alternative to lithium metal anodes,NatureNanotechnology,2017, 12, 993-999.
4. Zhou, G. M.#;Yang, A.#; Wang, Y.; Gao, G.; Pei, A.; Yu, X.; Zhu, Y.; Zong, L.; Liu,B.; Xu, J.; Liu, N.; Zhang, J.; Li, Y.; Wang, L.; Hwang, H.; Brongersma, M.;Chu, S.;Cui, Y.*; Electrotunable liquid sulphur microdroplets,Nature Communications,2020, in press.
5. Yang, A.#;Zhou, G. M.#;Kong, X.; Vilá, R.; Pei, A.; Wu, Y.; Yu, X.; Zheng, X.; Wu, C.; Liu, B.; Chen, H.; Xu, Y.; Chen, D.; Li, Y.; Fakra, S.; Hwang, H.; Qin, J.;Chu,S.;Cui, Y.*; Electrochemical generation of liquid and solid sulfur on two-dimensional layered materials with distinct areal capacities,Nature Nanotechnology,2020, in press.
6. Zhou, G. M.#;Pei, S. F.#; Li, L.; Wang, D. W; Wang, S. G; Huang, K.; Yin, L. C.;Li, F.*; Cheng, H.-M.*, A Graphene-Pure Sulphur Sandwich Structure for Ultrafast, Long-Life Lithium–Sulphur Batteries,Advanced Materials,2014, 26, 625–631.
7. Zhou, G. M.;Li, L; Wang, D. W; Shan, X. Y.; Pei, S. F.; Li, F.*; Cheng, H.-M.*,A Flexible Sulfur-Graphene-Polypropylene Separator Integrated Electrode for Advanced Li–S Batteries.Advanced Materials,2015, 27, 641-647.
8. Zhou, G. M.#;Sun, J.#; Jin, Y.; Chen, W.; Zu, C. X.; Zhang, R.; Qiu, Y.; Zhao, J.;Zhuo, D.; Liu, Y. Y.; Tao, X.; Liu, W.; Yan, K.; Lee, H. Y.; Cui, Y.*, Sulfiphilic nickel phosphosulfide enabled Li2S impregnation in 3D graphene cages for Li-S batteries,Advanced Materials,2017, 29, 1603366.
9. Jin, Y.#;Zhou, G. M.;#Shi, F.; Zhuo. D.; Zhao, J.; Liu, K.; Liu, Y.; Zu, C.; Chen, W.; Zhang, R.; Cui, Y.*, Reactivation of dead sulphide species in lithium polysulphide flow battery for grid scale energy storage,Nature Communications,2017, 8, 462.
10. Zhou, G. M.;Li, F.; Cheng, H.-M.*, Progress in flexible lithium batteries andfuture prospects,Energy Environ. Sci.,2014, 7(4), 1307–1338.
11. Zhou, G. M.#;Tian, H.#; Jin, Y.#; Tao, X.; Liu, B.; Zhang, R.; Seh, Z.; Zhuo, D.;Liu, Y. Y.; Sun, J.; Zhao, J.; Zu, C. X.; Wu, S. D.; Zhang, Q. F.; Cui, Y.*, Catalytic oxidation of Li2S on the surface of metal sulphides for Li-S batteries,PNAS,2017, 114, 840-845.
12. Zhou, G. M.;Zhao, Y; Manthiram, A.*, Dual-confined Flexible Sulfur CathodesEncapsulated in Nitrogen-doped Double-shelled Hollow Carbon Spheres and Wrapped with Graphene for Li-S Batteries.Adv. Energy Mater.,2015, 5, 1402263.
13. Zhou, G. M.;Paek, E.; Hwang, G. S.; Manthiram, A.*, High-Performance Lithium-Sulfur Batteries with a Self-Supported, 3D Li2S-Doped Graphene Aerogel Cathode.Adv. Energy Mater.,2016, 6, 1501355.
14. Zhou, G. M.;Wang, D. W; Yin, L. C.; Li, N.; Li, F.*; Cheng, H.-M., Oxygenbridges between NiO nanosheets and graphene for improvement of lithium storage,ACS Nano, 2012, 6, 3214–3223.
15.Zhou, G. M.;Yin, L. C.; Wang, D. W; Li, L; Pei, S.F.; Gentle, I; Li, F.*, and Cheng, H.-M.*, Fibrous Hybrid of Graphene and Sulfur Nanocrystals for High Performance Lithium-Sulfur Batteries.ACS Nano,2013, 7, 5367–5375.
16.Zhou, G. M.#;Wang, D. W#; Li, F.*; Hou, P. X.; Yin, L. C.; Liu, C; Lu, G. Q.; Gentle, I; Cheng, H.-M.*, A flexible nanostructured sulphur-carbon nanotube cathode with high rate performance for Li-S batteries,Energy Environ. Sci.,2012, 5, 8901–8906.
17. Zhou, G. M.;Wang, D. W; Li, F.*; Zhang, L. L.; Li, N.; Wu, Z. S.; Wen, L.; Lu, G.Q.; Cheng, H.-M.*, Graphene-wrapped Fe3O4 anode material with improved reversible capacity and cyclic stability for lithium ion batteries,Chem. Mater., 2010,22, 5306– 5313.
18. Zhou, G. M.#;Li, L#; Ma, C. Q; Wang, S. G; Shi, Y; Koratkar, N; Ren, W. C; Li,F.*; Cheng, H.-M.*, A graphene foam electrode with high sulfur loading for flexible and high energy Li-S batteries.Nano Energy,2015, 11, 356-365.
19. Zhou, G. M.;Zhao, Y; Zu, C; Manthiram, A.*, Free-standing TiO2nanowire-embedded graphene hybrid membrane for advanced Li/dissolved polysulfide batteries.Nano Energy,2015, 12, 240-249.
20. Chen, L.;#Zhou, G. M.;#Liu, Z.; Ma, X.; Chen, J.; Zhang, Z. Y.; Ma, X. L.; Li, F.; Cheng, H.-M. Ren, W. C*, Scalable Clean Exfoliation of High-Quality Few-Layer Black Phosphorus for a Flexible Lithium Ion Battery,Advanced Materials,2016, 28, 510–517.
21. Liu, N.#;Zhou, G. M.#;(#Equally Contributed), Yang, A.; Yu, X.; Shi, F.; Sun, J.; Zhang, J.; Liu, B.; Wu, C.; Tao, X.; Sun, Y.; Cui, Y.*; Chu, S.*, Direct electrochemical generation of super-cooled sulfur microdroplets well below their melting temperature,PNAS,2019, 116 (3) 765-770.
“Highly Cited Researcher” in Materials Science by Clarivate Analytics, 2018, 2019 Excellent reviewer award for Energy Storage Materials, 2016, 2017, 2018 Energy Storage Materials Young Scientist Award, 2018
Excellent Doctorate Theses Award of Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2015 Carbon Journal Prize (Only one person all over the world every year), 2015 Excellence in Review Award for Carbon, 2015
The Special Prize of President Scholarship for Postgraduate Students of CAS, 2014 SHI CHANGXU Award (First Scholarship) by IMR CAS, 2011, 2014
The National Scholarship for Postgraduate Students, 2012, 2013
To be determined
We are seeking highly motivated Research Assistant, Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows to work in the Low Dimensional Materials and Devices Laboratory, Shenzhen Geim Graphene Center (SGC) at Tsinghua Berkeley Shenzhen Institute (TBSI), Tsinghua University. Applicants should send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.