E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel & Fax : +86-755-36881552
Functional organic molecules and two-dimensional semiconducting materials with controlled solid-state properties that ultimately benefit the advancement of flexible optoelectronic devices.
2015: Ph.D. in Chemistry, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK)
2011: B.Sc. in Chemistry, University of Science and Technology of China (USTC)
2019 - present, Assistant Professor, Environmental Science and New Energy Technology Center
Tsinghua-Berkeley Shenzhen Institute, Tsinghua University
2017 - 2019, Alexander von Humboldt Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Physics, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
2016 - 2017, Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Emergent Matter Science, RIKEN
2015 - 2016, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
09 - 12/2015, Visiting Scholar, CAS Key Laboratory of Organic Solids, Institute of Chemistry Chinese Academy of Sciences
1. Z. Qin, L. Loh, J. Wang, X. Xu, Q. Zhang, B. Haas, C. Alvarez, H. Okuno, J. Z. Yong, T. Schultz, N. Koch, J. Dan, S. J. Pennycook, D. Zeng, M. Bosman, G. Eda, Growth of Nb-doped monolayer WS2 from liquid-phase precursor mixing. ACS Nano. 2019, 13, 10768–10775.
2. S. Park , T. Schultz , X. Xu , B. Wegner, A. Aljarb, A. Han, L.-J. Li, V. Tung, P. Amsalem, N. Koch, Demonstration of the key substrate-dependent charge transfer mechanisms between monolayer MoS2 and molecular dopants. Commun. Phys. 2019, 2, 109.
3. X. Xu, T. Schultz, Z. Qin, N. Severin, B. Haas, S. Shen, J. N. Kirchhof, A. Opitz, C. T. Koch, K. Bolotin, J. P Rabe, G. Eda, N. Koch, Microstructure and elastic constants of transition metal dichalcogenide monolayers from friction and shear force microscopy. Adv. Mater. 2018, 30, 1803748.
4. X. Xu, K. Fukuda, A. Karki, S. Park, H. Kimura, H. Jinno, N. Watanabe, S. Yamamoto, S. Shimomura, D. Kitazawa, T. Yokota, S. Umezu, T.-Q. Nguyen, T. Someya, Thermally stable, highly efficient, ultraflexible organic photovoltaics. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. (PNAS) 2018, –4594.
5. Z. Jiang, K. Fukuda, X. Xu, S. Park, D. Inoue, H. Jin, M. Saito, I. Osaka, K. Takimiya, T. Someya, Reverse-offset printed Ag mesh for stretchable transparent electrodes with strong mechanical robustness. Adv. Mater. 2018, 30, 1707526.
6. H. Jinno, K. Fukuda, X. Xu, S. Park, Y. Suzuki, M. Koizumi, T. Yokota, I. Osaka, K. Takimiya, T. Someya, Stretchable and waterproof elastomer-coated organic photovoltaics for washable electronic textile applications. Nature Energy 2017, 2, 780–785.
7. D. Ji, X. Xu, L. Jiang, S. Amirjalayer, L. Jiang, Y. Zhen, Y. Zou, Y. Yao, H. Dong, J. Yu, H. Fuchs, W. Hu, Surface polarity and self-structured nanogrooves collaborative oriented molecular packing for high crystallinity towards efficient charge transport. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 2734–2740.
8. X. Xu, Y. Yao, B. Shan, X. Gu, D. Liu, J. Liu, J. Xu, N. Zhao, W. Hu, Q. Miao, Electron Mobility Exceeding 10 cm2V-1s-1 and Band-like charge transport in solution-processed n-channel organic thin-film transistors. Adv. Mater. 2016, 28, 5276–5283.
9. X. Gu, X. Xu, H. Li, Z. Liu, Q. Miao, Synthesis, molecular packing, and thin film transistors of dibenzo[a,m]rubicenes. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 16203–16208.
10. X. Xu, T. Xiao, X. Gu, X. Yang, S. V. Kershaw, N. Zhao, Q. Miao, Solution-processed ambipolar organic thin film transistors by blending p- and n-type semiconductors: solid solution versus microphase separation. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2015, 7, 28019–28026.
11. K. Y. Cheung, X. Xu, Q. Miao, Aromatic saddles containing two heptagons. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 3910–3914.
12. L. Shan, D. Liu, H. Li, X. Xu, B. Shan, J. Xu, Q. Miao, Monolayer field-effect transistors of nonplanar organic semiconductors with brickwork arrangement. Adv. Mater. 2015, 27, 3418–3423.
13. X. Xu, B. Shan, S. Kalytchuk, M. Xie, S. Yang, D. Liu, S. V. Kershaw, Q. Miao, Synthesis, Solution-processed thin film transistors and solid solutions of silylethynylated diazatetracenes. Chem. Commun. 2014, 50, 12828–12831. (Inside front cover of Chem. Commun. 2014, volume 50, issue 85)
14. Z. He, X. Xu, X. Zheng, T. Ming, Q. Miao, Conjugated macrocycles of phenanthrene: a new segment of [6,6]-carbon nanotube and solution processed organic semiconductors. Chem. Sci. 2013, 4, 4525–4531.
15. D. Liu, X. Xu, Y. Su, Z. He, J. Xu, Q. Miao, Self-assembled monolayers of phosphonic acids with enhanced surface energy for high-performance solution-processed n-channel organic thin film transistors. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 6222–6227.
16. J. Luo, X. Xu, R. Mao, Q. Miao, Curved polycyclic aromatic molecules that are π-isoelectronic to hexabenzocoronene. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 13796–13803.
1. K. Fukuda, T. Someya, X. Xu, S. Park, D. Kitazawa, S. Yamamoto, S. Shimomura, N. Watanabe, Photovoltaic power device, Japanese Patent Application No. 2017-181840, September 21, 2017. Submitted
2. K. Fukuda, X. Xu, S. Park, T. Someya, Electronic device and method of manufacturing, Japanese Patent Application No. 2017-179452, September 19, 2017. Submitted
Scientific Activities and Presentations
1. X. Xu, Q. Miao, T. Someya, N. Koch, Talk: Solution-processed organic electronics and beyond: from molecular assembly to the ultraflexible devices. IOP CAS (SLAB, Institute of Physics Chinese Academy of Sciences) – IRIS Humboldt University of Berlin Workshop, Songshan Lake, Dongguan, China, October 8-10, 2019.
2. 14th International Symposium on Functional π-Electron Systems, Session Chair, Berlin, Germany, June 02-07, 2019.
3. X. Xu, Q. Miao, T. Someya, N. Koch, Talk: From the assembly of organic semiconductors to the ultraflexible optoelectronics. University of Science and Technology of China. The 3rd Micius Forum, Hefei, China, April 18-21, 2019.
4. X. Xu, Q. Miao, T. Someya, N. Koch, Talk: From molecular assembly and hybrid two-dimensional materials to the ultraflexible optoelectronics. Shenzhen University, No. 106 of IAS Lectures Series, April 16, 2019; Tsinghua-Berkeley Shenzhen Institute, April 01, 2019.
5. X. Xu, T. Schultz, Z. Qin, N. Severin, B. Haas, S. Shen, J. N. Kirchhof, A. Opitz, C. T. Koch, K. Bolotin, J. P. Rabe, G. Eda, N. Koch, Visualizing and understanding the microstructure of transition metal dichalcogenide monolayers, Material Research Society (MRS) 2018 Fall Meeting & Exhibit, Boston, USA, November 25-30, 2018.
6. X. Xu, T. Schultz, Z. Qin, N. Severin, B. Haas, S. Shen, J. N. Kirchhof, A. Opitz, C. T. Koch, K. Bolotin, J. P. Rabe, G. Eda, N. Koch, Microstructure and elastic constants of transition metal dichalcogenide monolayers from friction and shear force microscopy, 9th Workshop on Advanced Spectroscopy of Organic Materials for Electronic Applications (ASOMEA-IX), Schluchsee, Germany, October 23-26, 2018.
7. X. Xu, K. Fukuda, H. Jinno, H. Kimura, S. Park, K. Takimiya, T. Someya, Talk: High performance and stable organic photovoltaics as promising power source in wearable systems, 13th International Symposium on Functional Pi-Electron Systems, Hong Kong, June 4-9, 2017.
8. X. Xu, K. Fukuda, H. Jinno, S. Park, H. Kimura, K. Takimiya, T. Someya, Flexible organic photovoltaics with high power output as wearable power sources, 2016 International Workshop on Supramolecular Chemistry & Functional Materials (CEMSupra), Agatsuma, Japan, December 4-7, 2016.
9. X. Xu, Q. Miao, Talk: Temperature dependent charge transport in high performance nchannel organic thin film transistors (OTFTs), Material Research Society (MRS) 2015 Fall Meeting & Exhibit, Boston, USA, November 29-December 4, 2015.
10. X. Xu, Z. He, H. Xu, N. Zhao, Q. Miao, Molecular alloy, a novel organic semiconductor in the thin film transistors, MRS 2014 Spring Meeting & Exhibit, San Francisco, USA, April 21-25, 2014.
11. X. Xu, Z. He, B. Shan, H. Xu, N. Zhao, Q. Miao, Molecular alloy of p-type and n-type organic semiconductors in the thin film transistors, Advanced Study Institute (ASI) on Printed Electronics, Hong Kong, December 9-11, 2013.
12. X. Xu, Z. He, Q. Miao, Solution-processed organic field effect transistors (OFETs) of Phenanthrene based macrocycles, The 9th National Symposium on Electronic Process in Organic Solids, Yang Zhou, China, November 10-12, 2012.
Publications & Citation Metrics
Google scholar ID
We are seeking highly motivated Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Fellows to work in the Low Dimensional Materials and Devices Laboratory, Shenzhen Geim Graphene Center (SGC) at Tsinghua Berkeley Shenzhen Institute (TBSI), Tsinghua University. Our research is centered on building up emergent organic-inorganic heterostructures in a reduced dimension, understanding the new physics and phenomena, and developing optoelectronic devices with multifunctionalties and high performance. Applicants should send the application to Prof. Xu at email@example.com.