Submit Online application at the same time:http://www.tbsi.edu.cn/admissions and http://yz.tsinghua.edu.cn/
* Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan applicants shall submit their applications accordingly as required in the 2021 Tsinghua University Admissions Guide and List of Graduate Programs for Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan Applicants.
Submission of Application Documents (Hard Copies)
For Applicants Qualified for Exemption from National Graduate Entrance Examination;
For Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan & International Applicants:
List of Application Documents (Hard Copies):
1. Application Form.
2. Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Personal Statement, Plan of Study in the languages of both Chinese and English as separate files. (International applicants may only provide documents in English.)
3.Two Letters of Reference. Referees shall hold a position as (or equivalent to) Associate Professor/Professor in relevant academic areas. A letter of reference shall include evaluations on applicants’ qualifications, potential to carry on advanced study in the field specified, and intellectual independence, as well as descriptions of significant actions, accomplishments, character and personal qualities related to scholarly achievement. Letters of reference must be submitted in envelopes signed and sealed by referees.
4. Official Transcripts. Transcripts must be submitted in an envelope sealed by the issuing college or university with a school stamp on the copies and across the envelope flap.
5. Copies of Diplomas and Awards/Certificates of Merit; overseas students must provide copies of these documents in English.
6. Documentary Evidence of Language Proficiency (See details in Admission Requirements- Language Proficiency)
7. Please provide copies or evidence of core publications (conference/journal papers) or other academic achievements, if applicable.
8. Please provide evidence of awards/significant actions/accomplishments relevant to scientific and technological activities both in and out of school, if applicable.
9. For Hong Kong/Macao applicants, please provide copies of either Permanent Identity Card of Hong Kong/Macao or Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents. For Taiwan Applicants, please provide copies of Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwan Residents. For international applicants, please provide copies of personal information page of passport.
*All kinds of certification shall be original documents or notarized copies in either Chinese or English. Original degree verification letters and transcripts must be submitted in an envelope sealed by the issuing college or university. Notarized copies must be submitted in an envelope sealed by the issuing notary departments. Original documents or notarized copies will not be returned and will be preserved as student records. New graduates can submit later original documents or notarized copies of degree certificates and transcripts upon registration. Candidates fail to provide qualified documents will not be officially admitted.
*TBSI Admissions Office will review all the original documents of application materials. TBSI reserves the right to cancel or withdraw any oral or written admission notification given to students fail to provide original documents of application materials.
*Mailing address: Once your online application is submitted, please mail the hard copies of your application documents as early as possible to the following address: Admissions Office, 21F, C3 Building, Nanshan Intelligence Park, No.1001, Xueyuan Blvd., Nanshan District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, P.R.China 518055. Applicants whose hard copies of documents fail to be received before the deadline will be deemed to give up their applications.
Interview & Written Test
Applicants Qualified for Exemption from National Graduate Entrance Examination:
Interview Dates: September, 2020
Applicants who will take the National Graduate Entrance Examination:
Interview & Written Test Dates: March, 2021(Further notice will be given with details on specific time and location refers to : http://yz.tsinghua.edu.cn/.)
Hong Kong, Macao & Taiwan Applicants: (Further notice will be given with details on specific time and location.)
Category I Applicants Qualified for Exemption from National Graduate Entrance Examination:
Undergraduate applicants are required to submit separate application according to the Tsinghua University 2021 Regulations on the Admission of External Students Qualified for Exemption from National Graduate Entrance Examination to Master’s Programs or relevant notifications concerning qualified students at Tsinghua University, which will be released on the graduate admissions website of Tsinghua University.
Category II Applicants who will take the National Graduate Entrance Examination:
Participate in the National Graduate Entrance Examination
Register before deadline on the graduate admissions website of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China and follow the examination instructions as indicated in the official 2021 Graduate Admissions Guide of Tsinghua University, which will be released on the graduate admissions website of Tsinghua University.