E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel & Fax : 510-643-0087
Stanford University Postdoctoral research, Materials Science and Engineering, 2010-2013.
University of California, Berkeley Ph. D., Applied Science & Technology, 2010.
University of Southern California M. S., Materials Science, 2005.
Nanjing University, China M. S., Biophysics, 2003. B. S., Biophysics, 2000
University of California, Berkeley
2013- present Assistant Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
2015- present Faculty Scientist, Materials Sciences Division
Exploration of materials with extraordinary electromagnetic responses and their applications in fields such as plasmonics and metaphotonics;
Photonic devices enabled by dynamically tunable electronic materials and optical materials.
2016 Early Career Achievement Award (SPIE, the International Society of Optics and Photonics)
2016 National Science Foundation CAREER Award
2016 Bakar Fellow (Bakar Foundation)
2015 Hellman Faculty Fellowship (Hellman Foundation)
1. Shuren Lin, Alexandra Carvalho, Shancheng Yan, Roger Li, Sujung Kim, Aleksandr Rodin, Lídia Carvalho, Emory M. Chan, Xi Wang, Antonio H. Castro Neto and Jie Yao, “Accessing Valley Degree of Freedom in Bulk Tin(II) Sulfide at Room Temperature”, Nature Communications, Vol. 9, 1455 (2018). Selected as Editor's Highlight. Reported by ScienceDaily, Nanowerk, Today at Berkeley Lab, etc.
2. Kaichen Dong, Yang Deng, Xi Wang, Kyle Tom, Zheng You, Jie Yao, “Subwavelength light confinement and enhancement enabled by dissipative dielectric nanostructures”, Optics Letters, Vol. 43, 1826 (2018).
3. Zilun Gong, Chris Bartone, Fuyi Yang and Jie Yao. "High-efficiency, water-loaded microwave antenna in ultra-high-frequency band." Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 112, 113501 (2018).
4. Shuai Lou, Yin Liu, Fuyi Yang, Shuren Lin, Ruopeng Zhang, Yang Deng, Michael Wang, Kyle B. Tom, Fei Zhou, Hong Ding, Karen C. Bustillo, Xi Wang, Shancheng Yan, Mary Scott, Andrew Minor and Jie Yao, "Three-dimensional Architecture Enabled by Strained Two-dimensional Material Heterojunction," Nano Lett., Vol. 18, 1819 (2018).
5. Xi Wang, Kaichen Dong, Hwan Sung Choe, Huili Liu, Shuai Lou, Kyle B Tom, Hans A Bechtel, Zheng You, Junqiao Wu and Jie Yao, "Multifunctional Microelectro-Opto-mechanical Platform Based on Phase-Transition Materials," Nano Lett., Vol. 18, 1637 (2018).
6. Kaichen Dong, Hwan Sung Choe, Xi Wang, Huili Liu, Bivas Saha, Changhyun Ko, Yang Deng, Kyle Tom, Shuai Lou, Zheng You†, Jie Yao†, Junqiao Wu†, "0.2-Volt microelectromechanical switch enabled by a phase transition," Small, Vol. 14, 1703621 (2018). († corresponding authors) Cover highlight.
7. Kaichen Dong*, Sukjoon Hong*, Yang Deng*, He Ma, Jiachen Li, Xi Wang, Junyeob Yeo, Letian Wang, Shuai Lou, Kyle B Tom, Kai Liu, Zheng You, Yang Wei, Costas P Grigoropoulos, Jie Yao† and Junqiao Wu†, "A Lithography‐Free and Field‐Programmable Photonic Metacanvas," Advanced Materials, Vol. 30: 5, 2018. (* equal contribution, † corresponding authors). Back Cover highlight.
8. Yanping Liu, Kyle Tom, Xiaowei Zhang, Shuai Lou, Yin Liu and Jie Yao, “Alloying effect on bright–dark exciton states in ternary monolayer MoxW1–xSe2”, New Journal of Physics, Vol.19, 073018, 2017.
9. Xi Wang, Zilun Gong, Kaichen Dong, Shuai Lou, Jonathan Slack, Andre Anders and Jie Yao, “Tunable Bragg filter with a phase transition material defect layer”, Optics Express, Vol. 24, 20365-20372, 2016.
10. Zuhuang Chen, Xi Wang, Yajun Qi, Sui Yang, Julio A. N. T. Soares, Brent A. Apgar, Ran Gao, Ruijuan Xu, Yeonbae Lee, Xiang Zhang, Jie Yao, and Lane W. Martin "Self-Assembled, Nanostructured, Tunable Metamaterials via Spinodal Decomposition," ACS Nano, Vol. 10, 10237, 2016.