The 2022 Online Talent Forum is open to those interested in applying to the rank of Professor, Associate Professor, or Assistant Professor at the Tsinghua SIGS Institute of Environment & Ecology.
11:00-11:05 Opening remarks (Prof. He Kebin)
11:05-11:25 Introduction to iEE and recruitment directions (Prof. Zuo Jian’e）
11:25-11:45 Introduction to talent introduction policy(Prof. Wai Kin (Victor) Chan)
11:45-11:55 Introduction to the Research platform (Dr. Yu Yang)
11:55-12:10 PI sharing (Associate Prof. Matteo Convertino)
12:10-12:25 PI sharing (Assistant Prof. Lin Lin）
12:25-12:55 Q & A
12:55-13:00 Concluding remarks (Prof. Guan Yuntao)
Tsinghua is one of the most prestigious universities in China. Tsinghua Shenzhen International Graduate School is a public institution constructed cooperatively by Tsinghua University and Shenzhen Government. It is committed to high-level graduate education and research. The Institute of Environment and Ecology (iEE) belongs to Tsinghua Shenzhen International Graduate School, which is a vital part of Tsinghua's environmental science discipline. iEE aims to develop environmental disciplines concerning water treatment and environmental remediation, soil remediation, air pollution control, solid waste treatment, ecology, environmental management and policy, environmental health, environmental big data, climate change, marine environment protection and etc. Talents with backgrounds in environment, ecology, biology, chemical engineering, information, geosciences, etc., are highly welcomed.
Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor
1. Required Qualifications
- A doctoral or equivalent degree in a relevant academic area is required.
- Two years of work experience at a university or research institute is normally required.
- Research experience across various fields and institutions and strong teaching performance are preferred.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong communication, teaching and leadership skills in English as well as the ability to actively contribute to the rapidly growing research efforts at Tsinghua SIGS.
- A strong commitment to teaching and supervising postgraduate students is essential. Teaching responsibilities will include participation in and development of graduate courses and strong engagement with Tsinghua SIGS’s core curriculum. Supervision of Ph.D. and MSc students and academic mentoring of trainees at all levels is also expected.
2. Application Documents
a) Curriculum Vitae
b) Tsinghua SIGS Faculty Application Form (https://talent.sigs.tsinghua.edu.cn/#/guide)
c) Research/Teaching/Service Statement
d) PDF copies of 3 to 5 representative publications
f) 3-5 reference letters from renowned experts in related fields
(Letters must be emailed to email@example.com directly. They can be sent after the invitation is received)
3. How to apply
Please send the above application documents (in English) to the contact person.
Contact: Ms. Wan
4. Application Date
Applications are accepted on a permanent basis, and the deadline for this round of applications is June 20, 2022.
5. Remuneration and Benefits
1. Annual Salary: Tsinghua SIGS will provide a highly competitive salary, commensurate with experience and accomplishments.
2. Benefits: Tsinghua SIGS will provide a research start-up package, basic supportive funding, and a relocation reimbursement for qualified faculty.
3. Student and Postdoctoral Recruitment: Tsinghua SIGS will finance up to 2 Ph.D. students for each faculty member, and provide a competitive salary package for post-doctoral researchers.
Source: Institute of Environment & Ecology
Edited by Alena Shish & Yuan Yang